Created By: Chef Keith Snow
Simple way to use an infused milk and cream mixture to make nice creamy and delicious Yukon Gold mashed potatoes.
2 lbs peeled Russet Potatoes
1 recipe infused milk/ cream SEE BELOW (use any herbs or flavorings you like)
1/4 cup fresh snipped chives
salt and pepper to taste
1. Steam potatoes until tender.
2. If using a stand mixer put steamed potatoes in bowl then add liquid a little at a time being careful not to make them to liquid, or not to over whip them. A bowl with a hand masher works just as well!
3. Add salt and pepper to taste and the chives last.
4. total whipping time should be under one minute to avoid “paste like” potatoes.
INFUSED MILK MIXTURE
2 cups whole milk
2 cups whipping cream or heavy cream
3 garlic cloves peeled and smashed
1 large bunch fresh Thyme
1 stick butter…optional…but an option I would choose every time!
Just walk a bit more…you’ll burn the calories.
1. In a deep sauce pot add liquids and remaining ingredients.
2. Bring to a simmer and steep the mixture at the simmer for about 20 minutes.
3. Use mixture for mashed potatoes and you will be rewarded!
Chef’s Note: This mixture will expand and will boil over and catch fire if left unattended. Do not boil! Do not leave and go watch TV.